Thames Tributary Mayesbrook - Marks Gate
The Mayesbrook appears to rise in this area
Post to the west Little Heath
Post to the south Chadwell Heath
Marks Gate Baptist Church
Oaks - A mere handful of trees from Hainault Forest survive in this area and they stand in farmland north of the road
Crooked Billet Pub dates from at least the mid 19th.
Red House farm
The Harrow pub
Hainault House. Farm buildings with a clock tower. Now a canine hydrotherapy centre
Sheepcotes. This 14th farmhouse was destroyed in Second World War bombing.
159-161 Woodcraft. Art Deco style factory
Padnall Lake. The lake is a flood storage basin and part of the local land-drainage system. As a balancing pond it takes drainage from the A12 and from the Marks Gate Estate.
Orchard - – a remnant from Padnall Hall it has been enhanced as a community orchard.
This is name for Padnall Gate which was a gate to the forest.
Padnall Corner was wiped out by Eastern Avenue, but it was roughly the site of the bend in the road.
Padnall Hall. Community centre
Rose was probably the name of a medieval family – who had an estate called Roses here in 1456. Previously in 1392 it had belonged to a Richard Rose.
Roselane Gate was a gate into the Hainault Forest. Here, the boundary was marked with hedges and rows of stones and the gate was named after the road. The 'gate', was near the Harrow Public House.
Marks Gate Junior School. Built in 1954 with huge playing fields
Padnalls House. This stood in Rose Lane and was a medieval farm house. Demolished.
Rose Lane Farm. gone
St.Mark’s. Parish church built 1956. This was provided as the district church for the Marks Gate Estate and doubled as a church hall.
Named after a demolished medieval farmhouse in Billet Road.