Yeading Brook - Yeading Lane
The Yeading brook flows south eastwards but a channel from it also runs southwards
Post to the south Hayes Gate
70 Brookside Community Association. Community and sports facilities, founded 1991
Yeading Infant School
Yeading Brook. From north of the east end of the road a storm drain channel runs from the Yeading south and parallel to the motorway. This was built in the early 1980s as part of the motorway works.
Heavy Goods Vehicle Testing Station
The remains of the canal feeder appear to run south of the road between this and Dorchester Waye.
Hayes Bypass A312.Opened in 1992 to carry traffic round Hayes centre. The road was plan was originally part of the subsequently abandoned D ring of the ‘motorway box’.
Canal feeder passed under Parkway on the line of Dorcester Waye
The route of the canal feeder lies under a passageway between this road and Dorchester Waye
Yeading LaneYeading the name means a 'settlement of the family of a man called Geddi', and is Anglo-Saxon folk name of ancient type
St Edmund of Canterbury church. Designed by Anthony Lewis 1961. The foundation stone was laid by Arthur Skeffington MP
St Edmunds Church Hall
171 The Industry. Pub,
Yeading Brook. The upper course of the River Crane. Marked thus on the Ordnance Survey map of 1880, earlier ‘Yedding Brook’ on the 1816-22 map, a late formation from Yeading. The earlier name of the river was ‘Fiscesburna’ meaning 'the fish's stream'.
Yeading Brook Open Space. Open areas of fields and woodland continue along the length of the Yeading brook. This includes allotments and playing fields.
SourcesField. Place Names of London
Middlesex County Council. History of Middlesex
Pevsner and Cherry. London North West
Regents Canal Feeder. Web site
Sherwood. Around Hayes and West Drayton
Walford. Village London