Thames Tributary – Nutfield Brook - Coopers Hill Road

Thames Tributary – Nutfield Brook
The brook flows south and west to join the Salfords Stream

TQ 31356 49493

Long lonely countryside road only interrupted by the railway crossing and the nearby M23

Post to the north Bletchingly Road

Post to the west Nutfield Station

Coopers Hill Road
Kentwyns House. 16th house extended and partly rebuilt in 1897 after a fire. Timber framed section with red and blue brick cladding below. 1707 on stone plaque on the gable. .Listed Grade II. Home of the Clements family
Colgate’s Farm
Lyttel Hall the Brewing Industry Research Foundation, moved here in 1948 and was converted into laboratories, the squash court became a pilot brewery and other new buildings were developed as a workshops and conference facilities. In 1951 The Duke of Edinburgh opened the site.

Brewing Industry Research Foundation. Web site
Pevsner and Cherry.Surrey


Popular posts from this blog

Bromley by Bow

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town