Thames Tributary River Mole - Wonham
The Mole continues to flow north west towards the Thames and is joined from the north by the Shagbrook
Post to the west Betchworth
Post to the east Reigate Heath
Post to the south Ricebridge
Little Santon Farmhouse. Timber framed house of late 16th or early 17th restored and enlarged. Inside are huge stone fireplaces under main stack and a Tudor arched fireplace on each floor
The Old School House
Santon Farm. Secret room between two chimneys
Wonham Manor. Country house Remodelled around an old core, in 1787, for the Hon. Charles Marsham, (Earl of Romney), alterations in 1810 by Lewis Wyatt. Top storey removed in 1926. Red brick with Roman cement and battlemented parapets.
Wonham Mill. Unpretentious 19th water mill now redeveloped as housing. The mill ponds are fed from the Shag Brook and it discharges into the Mole 100 yards away It is probably a Domesdaay site. In 1845- 1930 the Bowyer family were tenants. An overshot wheel, was supplemented in the 1890s by a Simon roller mill powered by a 16hp Hornsby oil engine. In 1914 a four-storey extension was added and the stable block replaced. In 1930 and the Millers' Mutual Association took over the mill and sold the machinery. The buildings were requisitioned for grain storage during World War II and from 1946 it was used by William Lillico and Son Ltd for storage of animal feedstuff and grain drying.
Stidder, Watermills of Surrey