River Ash Littleton
The River Ash flows south eastwards
Post to the west Shepperton Studios
Post to the east Charlton
This road was built as part of diversions created by the construction of Queen Mary Reservoir
Old School. Springtime Nursery School. This was Littleton Village School provided by the Squire in 1876 and in were in use for education until 1976, and are now used by the community
The old rectory once stood here and was a building dating from 1699. It was demolished in 1966 to make a site for the new school and a housing development
Littleton Village School. The Church provided the modern building which is now used by the school and children have been in the new building since 1970.
Squires Bridge Road
St.Mary Magdalene. The church has 12th origins but the earliest structure is 13th and 14th. It is built of ragstone, chalk and conglomerate with brick. The 15th choir stalls are said to have come from Winchester. There are three bells by W. Eldridge 1666. The Church is the owner of six medieval paintings of saints, which are on display in the National Gallery. They belonged to a collector called William Young Ottley in the 19th but it is not known how the church came by them. It is thought that the painter was the 14th Florentine artist Jacopo di Cione.
Much of the Green was lost and is now under the Queen Mary Reservoir
The Splash. This where the road crosses the River Ash. A low footbridge makes it possible to ford the river here but not for traffic to cross. The river is only a few inches deep here is a horse and cart could have crossed.
St. John Fisher. Roman Catholic Church. In 1936 an orchard was donated to the church by the Wilson family. A church was built which is now the parish hall. Thomas Henry Birchall Scott was the architect of the original hall. The new church was built by his son Thomas Scott.
British History Online. Web site
Littleton School Web site
Middlesex County Council. History of Middlesex
Pevsner and Cherry, Surrey
Springtime Nursery. Web site
St John Fisher Church. Web site
St Mary Magdalene. Web site
Walford. Village London