River Crane Feltham
The Crane and the Mill Stream flow in parallel south eastwards
Post to the north Baber Bridge
Post to the east Hanworth Road
Post to the west Feltham
The water main from Kempton Park passes between the end of the road and the school
De Brome Building. West Thames College It offers technical education for 16-19 year olds
De Brome County Secondary Boys School. In the 1960s three schools, one of which was De Brome Boys Secondary Modern School, were amalgamated to form Feltham Comprehensive School, known as "The Feltham School". In the mid-1980s, the school changed its name to Feltham Community School and ran evening classes for former students. In 1985 the former De Brome Boys School, or East Building, was closed with the exception of the gym. It was, first used as a Road Safety Centre for Hounslow Council and then became West Thames College
Lafone County Secondary School for Girls.In the 1960s three schools, one of which was Lafone Girls Secondary Modern School, were amalgamated to form "The Feltham School". At that time the Lafone school had entry at age 11 to Lower School with pupils transferring to the De Brome building - Middle School for later years. In 1985 the Lower West – the old Lafone School - was closed, except for the gym, because of structural problems. The site is now used for housing.
School gym from Lafone School is used by a Sports Gymnastics club
The Airman Pub. Founded in 1938 and next to Hanworth Air Field and thus used by RAF pilots during the Second World War.
Feltham Marshalling Yard. This was a railway marshalling yard designed to administer freight to and from south west London. In 1900 The London and South Western Railway needed to expand the area available to deal with its freight traffic, and then handled at Nine Elms. Land at Feltham was bought in 1911 on a site with access to the company’s main lines and links to other railway companies. The yard was completely open by 1921 with two gravity shunting humps and the latest automated technology with electrically operated points – thus adopting American expereince for sorting trucks. It had 32 miles of track and could handle 2500 wagons a day with a very fast turn round time. It was owned by the Southern Railway from 1923 and British Railways in 1948. The reduction in freight in the 1960s led to closure in 1969. Site completely wild but reportedly still owned by the railways. It is crossed by the water main from Kempton Park
On the site of the old Lafone girls school, and named after a former councillor
Sparrow Farm Drive
Sparrow Farm Infant and Nursery School
Sparrow Farm Junior School
Sparrow Farm Drive Residents Association Social Club
Sparrow’s farm was sited at the north end. On 1930s etc. maps long cart track shown going down the backs of the houses
A purpose-built footbridge across the main road for school children to use during breaks until the new Maths, Science, IT, and Library building was opened in 1985.
Sewage works. Built for Feltham Urban District Council this lay slightly to the north of the Wigley/Pevensey Road Junction. There are remains of concrete tanks on site - known as Feltham Circles they are covered in dramatic graffiti. Part of Pevesnsey Road Nature Reserve
Little Park Farm. In the 19th this was part of the estate of the Tollemache family and inhabited by a relation.
De Brome School. Wikipedia Web sit
Feltham Marshalling yard. Wikipedia. Web site
Turnip Rail. Web site