Mymshall Brook Knightsland
Two tributaries flow into the Dyrham Park Lake, one from the south and one from the east. They exit as the Mymshall Brook, flowing northwards
Post to the west Dyrham Park
Post to the south Barnet
Post to the east Kitts End
Post to the north Dancers Hill
St. Albans Road
Knightsland Farm. The farm itself dates from at least the 15th. The farmhouse was cased in brick in the 18th and it has a Timber frame. Inside is a hall with a single long crosswing. There is linenfold panelling with 17th pilasters and an Original semi-octagonal stair with square newel post. There are wall paintings of about 1590-1610 on the first floor made up of 4 panels representing the parable of the Prodigal Son. It was the original home of Admiral Byng while Dyrham Park was being built.
Green Dragon. The pub was originally on Kitts End Road and called ‘Mandeville’ in 1623. It was renamed the Green Dragon before 1635 and to it was sold to George Byng in 1768. The pub was built about 1830 and had moved to a new site the St. Albans Road
Barns opposite the Green Dragon converted to housing. 17th timber framed and weather boarded, on a brick base.
Gates to Dyrham Park. imposing gateway said to have been built as a triumphal arch in London to welcome Charles II on his restoration gateway, possibly built to celebrate the coronation of King Charles II. On top is a sarcophagus-like object with festoons and an urn
Two lodges . Built 1790-1800 in brick with scrolls and central chimneys
British History on Line. South Mimms.
British Listed Buildings. Web site
Middlesex County Council. History of Middlesex