Thames Tributary – tributary to the River Roding - Theydon Bois
The tributary rises in three places in this area and flows eastwards
Post to the north Great Gregories
Post to the east M11 junction
St Mary’s church hall. This is an old army hut put on part of the glebe after the Second World War
Theydon Bois Village Hall. A new hall completed in 2001. It replaces an earlier Hall built in 1966 which was on the site of the car park itself the site of the Glebe Field.
Old Foresters Sports Ground
'Avenue of Trees'. These oak trees were planted in the 1830s apparently for Queen Victoria’s accession to the throne. A new line of trees was planted in 2010, set back from the current row in order to replace some which needed to be felled.
2 Queen Victoria. McMullans Pub. 16th building timber framed and plastered
5 Baldocks. 17th timber framed house with a red brick front
Theydon Bois Primary School
1 The Bull Public House. 17th timber framed and rendered building. Painted plaster relief of a bull and a long painted sign board.
Carriages – this was a pub called the Railway Arms
Theydon Bois Station. Between Debden and Epping on the Central Line. Opened by the Great Eastern Railway as ‘Theydon’ in 1865. Name changed to ‘Theydon Bois’ in December of the same year. In 1949 it was opened as part of the electrified Central Line