Thames Tributary – tributary to the River Roding
The tributary flows eastwards
Post to the west Great Monk Wood 44 01
Post to the east Flux's Lane 46 01
Post to the south Theydon Bois
Leading to the railway bridge currently used by the Central Line
Purlieu Bank. At the eastern edge of the golf course are some remains of the 13th Purlieu Bank, a hedge and ditch, which provided the boundary of the old royal forest.
Great Gregories Lane
The manor of Gregories is probably named from a Gregory who was a verderer here in 1250
Great Gregories farm. This was here in 1848 but the farm-house is 20th. Native trees plated to screen the M25. The Purlieu Bank runs along the western side of the farm. The farm was used by the City Corporation to store stonework awaiting restoration.
Moat which probably represents the site of the medieval manor house of Gregories.
A field at the end of the lane known in 1848 as 'Gregory's Garden'.
Ivy Chimneys Road
Spotted Dog pub. Closed 2010
Little Gregories Lane
The Purlieu Bank may have gone down here leading to Purlieu Farm
Little Gregories. 19th redbrick building
Riding School and livery stables