Thames Tributary Cripsey Brook
The Brook continues to flow south east towards the River Roding and is joined by a tributary from the west
Post to the north Shelley
Post to the west Bilsdens
Post to the east Ongar
Post tothe south Ongar
Waterend Farm. 17th farm house with later alterations. The farm has belonged to the Capel Cure estate since the mid 19th.
Shelley Primary School
Little Star Children’s Centre
Shelley Bridge. This crosses the Cripsey brook and was a foot- and horse-bridge in 1665. There was a long dispute over the responsibility for repair and it was eventually taken over by the County in the mid 19th. In the early 1870s it was replaced in an iron bridge.
Council houses, from the 1930s and 1940s.
Bridge House Farm. Built about 1800.
Part of a housing estate built in the early 1950s by Ongar Rural District Council.