Thames Tributary – tributary to the River Roding - Lambourne End

Thames Tributary – tributary to the River Roding
The tributary rises in this area and flows northwards to the Roding

Post to the west Marchings
Post to the north Lambourne
Post to the east Lambourne
Post to the south Lambourne End

Hoe Lane
St John’s Farm

Knolls Wood

New Road
Bishops Hall. This is an old manor once held by the Bishop of Norwich and subsequently after the 16th, the Hale family and by the 19th was part of the Lockwood family estate. The original manor house is a moated site to the east. A new hall was built in the 17th by members of the Walker family. This became the home of the Lockwoods but it was demolished in 1936. Another new house was built nearby incorporating some features of the earlier house
Liversedge and Atkinson Engineers
Lambourne Parish Room
Poultry Farm
Deux Hall. Also known as Dews Hall and an old manor for the area. Named for Deu or Dew family who held land here in 13th. In the 18th it was purchased by the Lockwood family who lived there. In 1735 the house was 'an old brick building’ and this was enlarged in the classical style. It was demolished before 1841 and is now the red-brick stable court of Bishops Hall

Osborne. Defending London


Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town