Thames tributary – tributary to the River Roding - Lambourne
The tributary flows northwards to the Roding
Post to the west Abridge
Post to the north Ongar Road
Post to the east Church Lane
Post to the south Lambourne End
Wood surrounded by an ancient hedge bank. It comprises hornbeam coppice, with occasional oak and ash. There are a number of old including hornbeam and ash coppice stools. There is a large wild service tree and an old field maple pollard.
St.Mary and All Saints. Pevsner describes this is 'a church of quite exceptional charm and historical range’. It is a 12th church re-modelled
in the 18th, built of flint rubble and cement rendered plus a weather boarded bell turret, Inside are 15th wall painting one of St. Christopher and there are also brasses and monuments.,
Lambourne Hall. Manor house from the 16th timber framed and plastered. In one room is a mantelpiece and panels from Marks Hall, Coggeshall. A stone fire place from here is in the Lady Lever Art Gallery, Port Sunlight.
Tithe Barn House. 16th barn converted to a house in 1983. It is timber framed and weather boarded.
The wood is believed to dare from 1935 to mark and planted for George V's Silver Jubilee. The oldest trees are on the eastern side and consists of oak, ash and sweet cChestnut.
New Farm Drive
Pollarded trees on the boundary