Dollis Brook - Woodside Park
Dollis Brook flows southwards and is joined by Folly Brook from the north west.
Post to the north Totteridge Lane
Post to the west Frith
Post to the south West Finchley
Henry Holden was the final owner of Woodside Hall before the area was developed for housing.
St Barnabas. Built 1912-14 by S. Alder in brick. This is a London Deaf Church.
37 Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum. This is the only library outside Belarus collect Belarusian studies and its collection is the most comprehensive in this field in Europe with 30,000 volumes. Francis Skaryna was a Belarusian and East-Slavonic publishing pioneer. The library was launched in 1971 and initially had 6,500 volumes of the Belarusian Catholic Mission in England Library which had been established in 1948.
Woodside Park Sports and Social Club. Originally tennis courts and a pavilion were built in the area enclosed by Lullington Garth and Cissbury Ring South, but an application for a liquor licence was refused by the Middlesex magistrates. Therefore the clubhouse was built outside of their jurisdiction on the Hertfordshire side of Folly Brook. It opened in 1934 with a football field, three tennis courts, a pitch-and-putt course, a billiards room and a ballroom.
Old Fincheans Club – sports club founded in 1902 for old pupils of Finchley School
Finchley Catholic School Playing Field
Woodside Grange Road
Pillar box. 1887 by A. Handyside & Co. Ltd. with V.R. cypher.
'Park beside a wood'. Finchley Wood was a part of the great woodland area that stretched across Middlesex. Woodside Park Garden Suburb was laid out by Fred Ingram from 1931
Woodside Park Road
Woodside Park Synagogue. A United Synagogue and the 12th largest community in the United Synagogue family of shuls. This was built in 1885 as Woodside Hall by Henry Holden and was converted to a synagogue in 1955.
Woodside Park Station. Opened in 1872. It now lies between Totteridge and Whetstone and West Finchley on the Northern Line. It was however originally built by the Great Northern Railway as part of a scheme by the Edgware, Highgate and London Railway, between Edgware and Highgate. It was named ‘Torrington Park but this was changed in 1882 at the request of local people who wanted it called “North Finchley”. . It became part of the Northern Line in 1940 although this section of the High Barnet branch was incorporated into the London Underground network through the Northern Heights scheme in the late 1930s. It us a brick building, with am attached one-storey coal offices and a Waiting room of 1890.
Car park – this was once the goods yard and coal storage age. There are flats on the site of a second car park.
Post box with the initials VR, Victoria Regina, is set into the front wall of the station;
Two signal boxes on the side of the line. They are traditional weather boarded
Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum Wikipedia web site
London Deaf Church web site
Pevsner and Cherry. London North
Nairn. Modern Buildings