Thames Tributaries – the Norbury Brook feeding towards the River Wandle
The Norbury Brook continues to flow north and west
Post to the west Norbury
Post to the north Norbury Grove
Post to the south Thornton Heath
Norbury Brook runs under it.
Clapham Old Xavarians Association Football ground. Playing fields acquired in 1903 for a Roman Catholic boys secondary school.
Norbury Brook runs under it
St. Oswald’s Parish Church
Green Lane Recreation ground – this had been the Gaumont Film Company sports ground and was bought by the council in 1948.
Kensington Avenue Primary School
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise Centre for Girls
Norbury Farm, demolished 1914, stood roughly near the site of the primary school. It was originally Norbury Manor, known to be here in 1229. It was essentially the northern manor of Croydon and also known as Northbury. Its area covered much of the present London Road and Thornton Heath. It belonged to the Carew’s of Beddington from 1385.
Manor Farm Road
‘Norbury’ means northern part of the manor
Norbury Brook runs under the road going west and then turns north to run parallel to it.
Norbury Brook runs under it having turned northPumping Station
Norbury Brook runs parallel and south of the road
Norbury Brook runs through the south of the park hidden behind a fenceThe area of the Park was a golf course which the Council bought in 1935. Before that it was farm land owned by Pembroke College until the 1920s when the North Surrey Golf Course was built.
Welcome InnElectric station
Sunbeam Mission. Blue painted tin church.
St James the Great Roman Catholic Primary School