Thames Tributaries – the Norbury Brook flowing to the River Wandle
The Norbury Brook continues to flow north west.
Post to the north Norbury Park
Post to the east Thornton Heath
Norbury Brook. The brook passes under the road
Library. Built 1914 with funding from the Carnegie Foundation. Remodelled in 2009.
Trumble Gardens. Opened by the council in 1947/8 on the site of bombed houses which bricks were used to build the
walls. Named after Alderman Trumble.
Norbury Brook runs parallel and at the back of houses on the north side.
Named for Carew family
Thornton Heath Recreation Ground. Bought by the Council initially in 1884 and ten years later another five and a half acres were added. The footpath in the path marks the divide. The bandstand has now been removed, underground tunnels were built during the Second World War for air raid shelters
Norbury Brook runs parallel to the road and south of it. Along the western boundary of the park in a deep concrete channel. In heavy rainfall the water level rapidly rises.
Colliers' Water Lane
Name has been said to reflect industry, charcoal quenching. The road used to go as far as Thornton Heath Railway Station on the line of what is now Brigstock Road.
949 Leander Road Primary Health Care Centre
Thornton Heath Evangelical Church
Norbury Brook. The road is parallel to the brook on the south
Norbury Brook, the brook passes under the road
St Christopher’s Gardens
St.Stephen built 1918 with brick trim.
Winterbourne Junior Boys School
Youth and social centre