Colne Brook. Wraysbury Lakes
The Colne Brook flows southwards
Post to the north Wraysbury Station
Post to the eastg M25
Post to the south Wraysbury and Runneymede Bell Weir
Cargill Lake is eleven acres and owned by the Blenheim Angling Society. Cargill is the society’s prime specimen water, on the border of a nature reserve for wintering wildfowl, with many rare birds inhabiting the lake. The river Colne Brook runs behind the lake
This stretch of the Colne Brook is owned by the Blenheim Angling Society and is about a mile and half between Coppermill and Staines roads. The Society was formed in 1880 and the name was taken from the Blenheim Arms public house in Nottinghill Gate where meetings were held. The main fishery was the Grand Junction Canal from Denham to Rickmansworth. The Colne Brook at Wraysbury was purchased in 1923. In 1966 the Wraysbury reservoir was begun and to infill Silver Wings pit a temporary bridge was constructed over the Colne brook for lorries to take their spoil there. This was complete by 1968 and river banks were breached in 1969 to let barges go between the pits. The reservoir was finished in 1970. Most of the river is tree lined and can be fished from either bank. There is a great deal of wild life with fox, deer and rabbits, as well as many species of water and other birds including kingfisher.
Silverwing Sailing Club. Sailing club operating on a flooded gravel working. It has links to British Airways sports clubs and is a Dragon Boat centre. They have a clubhouse built in 1979.
This is a small lake owned by the Blenheim Angling Society
Blenheim Angling Society. Web site
Silverwing. Web site.
Wraysbury Parish Council. Web site