The Brook - Shenley
The Brook, flows north westwards
Post to the west Radlett
Post to the south Newberries
Post to the east Shenley
Porters Park Golf Club. The club was founded by local people in 1899 in the grounds of Porters mansion. In 1902, it became known as Porters Park Golf Club. A wooden hut was used as a clubhouse. In both World wars the course was used for agriculture - and a memorial in the lounge lists members and staff who died in the wars. The clubhouse was rebuilt following a fire in 1954 .
Ice house. This is a relic of Porters and is in a pine copse east of the third fairway.
Concrete anti-tank obstacles from the Great War remain near the tenth hole
Pillbox – there are remains of a hexagonal pillbox near the path to the fourteenth green.
Porters Mansion. This was rebuilt in 1902 on the base of an 18th or earlier house by C.J.Harold Cooper for Cecil Raphael in stuccoed brick with a green slate roof - the date is on the cupola. N.Hawksmoor lived here up to his death in 1736. Admiral Lord Richard Howe also lived here. Under the hospital it became a convalescent home for patients in 1937 and In the Second World War it was a Nurses' Home
7 Buttery. In use as a nursery school
Gun emplacement. The remains of a Second World War gun emplacement are was at the edge of the cricket ground
Shenley Cricket Centre
The Denis Compton Oval which is on a cricket ground opened by Crompton. The associated 19th pavilion is said to have been designed by W.G. Grace when the site was owned by the Raphael family. It was subsequently sold with the rest of the estate to Middlesex County Council and used as a sports facility by the hospital staff. Since become the Centre the first recorded match here was in 1993 and has been home to international matches since. It is heavily advertised as a wedding venue.
Porters Park Golf Course. Web site
Radlett Cricket Club. Web site
Shenley Park. Web site