Dollis Brook - Underhill
The Brook continues to flow eastwards
Post to the west Wellhouse
Post to the east Pricklers Hill
East Barnet Old Grammarians Club. This is the sports and old pupils club of what was East Barnet Grammar School which is now East Barnet School. The Association dates from 1941 with several sections including football, hockey and archery as well as music appreciation societies and a rambling club. Today it has a football section, a golf society and a freemason's lodge. The Ludgrove Club is also on site.
Barnet Table Tennis Centre. This dates from 1969,
King George V Playing Fields. In 1936 the King George’s Fields Foundation was established to fund playing fields. The fields in Barnet Lane were originally 93 acres and the third largest but less than a fifth of the original size remains. There used to be two stone plinths at the entrance to the field, but these were vandalised and removed.
Stables Horse Activity Centre. Set up in 1993 to provide horse related activity for all groups of young people.
Dollis Valley Way
The estate was built on the site of the Barnet Urban District Council sewage works, opened in 1874
The Rainbow Centre. Community Centre and ‘Hub’
Valley Centre. Community Centre
Underhill Baptist Church. The Church was dedicated in 1936.
Barnet Hill Junior Mixed School and Nursery School. The school is now closed
The fields to the north were the site of the traditional horse fair
Underhill Infant School. Built 1934
Underhill Junior School. Built 1934
Barnet South Community Centre
Barnet Table Tennis Centre web site
Field. London Place Names
King George Playing Fields. Wikipedia web site
London Borough of Barnet web site
Old Grammarians website
Stables Horse Activity Centre web site
The Rainbow Centre web site
Underhill Baptist Church web site