Post to the east Addington Interchange
Addington Village Road
Addington Police Station. This appear to have been built on the 1970s on the site of a garage
Electrical Sub station. A 33kV substation operated by South Eastern Power Network
Gilbert Scott School infant and primary. This became an academy in 2018. The school dates from 1950 when the Addington Village School (later also called St. Mary's) closed and staff and pupils moved here. In 2007 infants and juniors were combined.
Red Gates School. Special community school for boys and girls with severe learning difficulties and autism
Gravel Hill Tram Stop. 1998. Between Addington Village and Coombe Lane on Croydon Tramlink. His includes a road crossing
Addington Palace. This is based around Addington Place, a 16th manor house owned by the Leigh family until the early 18th century. It was sold in 1737 to an American, Barlow Trecothick who built a new Palladian style house, designed by Robert Mylne. His heir James Trecothick had the grounds and gardens landscaped by Lancelot Capability Brown but he had to sell in lots in 1803. In 1807 it was sold by .Act of Parliament and bought by the Archbishops of Canterbury and was called Addington Farm. It became the official summer residence of six archbishops, later, in the Great War it became Red Cross fever hospital. In 1930, it passed to Croydon Council. In 1953, it was leased to the Royal School of Church Music and used as their publishing company, residential college and choir school. In 1996, it was taken over by a private concern as a wedding, conference and banqueting venue, health farm and country club.
Cedar of Lebanon, The terrace of the building is dominated by a cedar of Lebanon thought to be a specimen trees associated with the period of Brown's work. The lower branches spread across the width of the terrace and are propped up with wooden stakes.
Addington Palace Golf Club. The course was laid out in 1931 by J.H.Taylor and Fred Hawtree. The clubhouse was originally the stables to Addington Palace and The original beamed ceilings of the stables and hayloft have been retained.
Forrestdale Centre, shops
Addington Methodist Church
Kent Gate Way
By pass road built in 1973.
Addington Park. This land was acquired in 1930 from the owners of the Addington Palace Estate. The Park area and the Lodge formed the southern part of the park which surrounds Addington Palace, It has historic landscape and a children's playground. Tennis courts were purchased after the Second World War
South Lodge, this dates from the time of Archbishop Howley in the early 19th.
Selsdon Park Road
Forestdale Arms. Pub
John Ruskin College. This was a former school in Croydon opened in 1920 as the John Ruskin Selective Central School. In 1935 it moved to Tamworth Road, and became a grammar school. It moved to Shirley in 1955, as the John Ruskin High School but was demolished in 1991.The upper forms transferred to Selsdon using the premises of the John Newnham Secondary Selective School
John Newnham School was in Selsdon Park Road opened in 1951 as a Secondary Selective. It became a comprehensive in 1971 and was closed in 1987. The building was used for training and offices but later reopened as the John Ruskin College. John Montague Newnham who was the first chairman of the Borough's Education Committee
Addington Palace Golf Club. Web site
Anderson. The Parish of Croydon
Great Trees of London
London Borough of Croydon. Website
Stewart. Croydon History in Field and Street Names