Sheethanger

 

Box Lane

Box Lane Chapel – 17th foundation.  Oak gates erected in memory of Ernest Phillips killed in a motor bike accident. Closed in June 1969 and is now private housing

Boxmoor House School. In Boxmoor House which was built in 1850s for a London surgeon, Thomas Davis.  Convalescent home for soldiers in the First World War  and then a home for the ‘Imbecile Children of Gentle Folk’. Bought by Hertfordshire County Council in 1942.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone