Highridge

 

Wellhouse lane

Manor Cottage. The Front Range has been dated to 1588-9. The main range is timber framed with brick infill, now covered in lime render. In 1634 the house was part of the manor of East Betchworth. An apotropaic offering to ward off evil influence or ill luck found in the southern inglenook was dated to the late 18th. By 1843 the house had been divided into two, but by 1871 it was home to a gardener and By the 1880s called "The Meadows". In the late 19th it became part of a larger house as the servants’ quarters. Canadian soldiers were billeted here during the First World War and in 1950 in was split into four properties,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone