Black Lion Hill
St Botoph’s. Now a private house. Tower and chancel gone. Bell out in the open, sundial, RAF tomb. Other bells are in a framework in the village. The external fabric has been retained: the church, originally the nave and south aisle of a larger building, appears to have been rebuilt in circa 1424. The tomb of Nicholas Hawksmoor is now in the garden of this house.
The Good Shepherd. R.C. 1976
Shenleybury Farm had largely been rebuilt and patients were engaged in agricultural work as part of their therapy (it was believed that such outdoor occupation was healthy). They also worked the 22 acres of orchards situated variously around the Hospital grounds, picking and storing the fruit. The orchards provided produce for the Hospital kitchen as well as for the local market. shenleybury farm
ARP post was established in Shenleybury Farm in July 1939,
The water was pumped from the wellhead in Queens
Way, to the south of Shenleybury House, and supplied both Shenley and Harperbury Hospitals.