Hill End

 

Lemsford Road Halt 1st August 1942. Great Northern Railway.  On the north side of Hill End Lane. Opened for workmen in August 1942. It was a private Halt and did not appear in public timetables and was not shown on maps 1951 closed. Platform still extant alongside the Alban Way footpath as are the steps up from Lemsford Road, which now give access to Alban Way.

Hill End Station 5th March 1899. Great Northern Railway. Opened to serve the Hertfordshire County Mental Hospital. Passengers were set down there on request to the guard. A 400 yards siding ran south into the hospital for delivering coal and stores 1951 closed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone