North Weald Bassett

 

North Weald Bassett

King’s Head

Church

North Weald station Bassett Station.  1st April 1865. Built by the Great Eastern Railway and used for carrying agricultural produce into London.  In 1949 it became part of the Central Line and was used by airmen and for airshows at nearby North Weald Aerodrome. North Weald is a substantial village although the station stands at one end of it up a side road. The station is still there, looking operational although only used by the Epping Ongar Heritage Railway on Sundays.. 

Area of Ongar Great Park

South east of High Road, first recorded park & east of path through High Wood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone