Adeyfield


Adeyfield

Neighbourhood development area 1949.

Everest Way

St.Barnabas 1952

Leverstock Green Road

Adeyfield Free United Reformed Church

Cox’s Pond. Compulsorily purchased in 1948. During the Second World War is the farm had been worked by Italian POWs and the pond used to test waterproof vehicles for the D Day landings.

Maylands Avenue

One of the more recent roads on the industrial estates.

Atlas Copco 1960

Alford and Alder factory. On the Maxted Road corner. In 1818 the firm was making horse drawn carriages in London. Since the 1900s making car parts – steering units, etc. Closed 1981.

Mudcore Solders. First industry in Maylands Avenue and moved here from Slough in 1952.

St.Alban's Road

Rose cottage and topiary

Our Lady Queen of All Creation Consecrated 1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone