Hemel Hempstead

Hobletts Road

Hobletts Manor. Converted from two Elizabethan cottages. Demolished in the 1960s.

Queensway

St.Paul’s Hospital. Opened 1836 as Hempstead House workhouse called ‘The Base’.  Became the main local maternity unit. Closed in 1990.

St.Paul’s Church, funded by public subscription.  It was initally a Chapel of Ease and became a parish in 1878.  Closed 1961 and flats now on the site.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

Bromley by Bow

Phillibrook Stream - Leytonstone