River Colne - Netherwylde
The Colne flows south east and is met by Tykes Water from the east
The Ver flows south west
Post to the east Harper Lane
Post to the south Radlett
Post to the north Colney Street
Post to the west Drop Lane
Industrial and trading units
Black Horse. This pub was demolished in 2003 and is now a pile of bricks under the trading estate.
Colney Street Bridge. Takes the road over the River Colne. The old bridge remains although now superseded. This was built in 1841 and stands on an old crossing point of the Colne. Excavation has shown evidence an earlier embankment), a bridge supported by timber piles, and possible traces of a Roman Road.
Bridgefoot House. British offices of Alstom Signalling Co.
Centurion House – nursery school
Netherwylde Pumping Station. Built in the 1950s
Netherwylde Farm- this is now an ‘Impressively refurbished’ livery yard. The farmhouse is a 16th hall house but rebuilt in the 17th and refronted in the 18th, timber framed with brick walls and rendering.. Cart shed and two barns, 17th weatherboard. Granary with 'WN 1753' on a tablet at the front in red brick. There are also other weather boarded outbuildings
The Dutch Barn. Fragrances and toiletries international.
British Listed Buildings. Web site
Hertsmere Council. Web site
Netherwylde Farm. Web site
Park Street. Wikipedia. Web site