Colne flows southwards
Post to the north Bricket Wood
Post to the south Wall Hall
Wood Common, an area of wood and common land covered by thickets of gorse, fern
and trees as well as wild flowers. Lord
Knutsford of the Munden estate is Lord of the Manor.
Common Meadow Lane
Estate. Owned by the Holland-Hibbert family. It is west of a large meander
of the River Colne. There are two
farms and 118 acres of woodland.
Munden House is an
house which has been the home of the Viscount Knutsfords since 1874. It
was built 1787-95 for R.S.Parker, and remodelled in 1828 for G.Hibbert. It is red
brick, with stone dressings. There is a service wing and inside 19th features. Outside
is a formal garden.
Munden Farm. Little Munden has been farmed by the McClelland family since
Robert McClelland came here in 1953. Originally a dairy farm, in the late
1970's the farm went to beef cattle and produced 300 beef cattle a year
Farm. Barns now turned into office and light industrial use.
British Listed Buildings. Web site
City of St.Albans Council. Web site
Hertfordshire County Council. Web site
Little Munden Farm. Web site