Brentwood Ongar Road

       This post is not finished has not been edited or checked

Post to the west Weald  Brentwood 

Post to the south Brentwood Station


Kimpton Avenue
Developed 1900-1910.

North Road
Late 19th and early 20th development
Fire Station opened 1948 and rebuilt 1974

Ongar Road
Developed as far as the Robin Hood by 1900.
Victoria Works of William Burgess and Sir Kingsmill Grove Key making agricultural machinery from 1855-1926 when they were taken over by A.E.Symes and closed in 1978.
Sainsbury’s superstore on the site of the Thermos factory which had opened in 1954
Volunteer Drill Hall. 1886 and sold by the Territorial Army in 1970. Now the site of William Hunter Way.
Telephone exchange, opened as an automatic exchange in 1973
Larkin’s Field and Recreation Ground built with a bequest from John Larkin

Park Road
Late 19th and early 20th development

Sawyers Hall Lane
Sawyers Hall College. Opened as Brentwood Senior School in 1936 to relieve overcrowding at the old National Schools.
St.Helens RC Junior School moved here in 1973
Housing on the site of Anglia University, which grew from Chelmer Institute of Higher Education. Closed 1999.

Shenfield Road
Roman road from London to Colchester. Turnpiked in 1726 and the section from Brentwood to Shenfield run by the Essex Trust.
Cricket Ground – the first base for the Essex County Cricket Club who used it for ten years after being founded in 1876.

Robin Hood Road
Developed 1900-1910.

Western Avenue
Late 19th and early 20th development

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town

Bromley by Bow