Weybridge

     This post is not finished it has not been edited or checked

Brooklands Lane

Eastlands. Georgian home of Danny Kemble with theatre in the grounds

Church Street

St. James’ Church Spire which is a landmark for miles. Church is modern. 1848 site of 12th church. Monuments from the old church etc and Chantrey monument to the Duchess of York. Brasses and monuments.

St.James Church Hall. 1965 inviting and discreet

Portmore Cottage 18th

Victorian letterbox by junction with Minorca Road

Weybridge Hall at Minorca Road junction 1920 Kinema Theatre, The King George's and then The County. Bought as a public hall  

Building near the church, John Austin, philosopher

Library and Weybridge Museum

Church Walk

Old generating station. 1890 for Weybridge Electric Supply Co.   Closed after four years, now 4 cottages and a furniture repository  

Heath Road

St.Charles Borromino. RC church with tomb of the Duchess de Nemours and mausoleum of King Louis Phillipe. 1850

Telephone exchange. 1954. sensitive and plain

High Street

Ship Hotel

Monument Hill

Nice view.

Arlington Lodge flats. Huge half timbered 1957

Oatlands Drive

Finnart House. Lumpish  19th. Tense not restful

Princes Road

41 Jolly Farmer. Comfortable, friendly, back-street pub with a low, beamed ceiling, with  photographs of old Weybridge

Queen's Road:

Odeon Cinema of 1934 and closed in 1960;

RC Church St. Martin of Porres

Pillar Box north side Handeyside Co. No royal cipher  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Norwood

River Lea/Bow Creek Canning Town

Bromley by Bow