Mymshall Brook Mutton Lane
Mymshall Brook flows northwards
Post to the south Mymms Wash
Post to the west South Mimms
Post to the north Warrengate
Mimms Hall Road
Potters Bar Evangelical Church, The church is on land which was once partly the site of scout hut – which has now relocated.
Furzefield Centre. Hertsmere council swimming and other sports centre
Swimming pool. . A pool was built here after land was acquired in 1935
King George Playing Field. This was built in an area called Furzefield purchased by Hertfordshire County Council 1935. It was grant funded by King George V Memorial Foundation. The playing field and a pavilion, converted from a British Legion Memorial Hall, were opened in 1957.
Strafford Arms. A large road house style 1930s estate pub
Mimms Hall. This is a 16th house with a moat. It was built in 1598. It is a hall with cross-wings, cased in brick. It was later extended but some original timber-framing is visible. There are priest holes in the fireplace of one room. It stands in what was formerly Windmill field. The Moat seems to have originally surrounded the house but only fragments remain
The Wroxham School. Local authority primary school now with ‘academy’ status
British History online. South Mimms. Web site.
Hertsmere Council. We site.
Middlesex County Council. History of Middlesex