Ellenbrook flows south westward
Post to the south Colney Heath
Recreation Ground. Colney Heath Football and Social Club.
This is a family venue with two halls available for hire.
The football club “The “Magpies” was founded in 1907 and were most successful in
the late 1940s and 1950s. They moved to the Recreation Ground in 1952. A new
clubhouse was built in 1989 and Floodlights were erected in 2000.
Cherry Green Trees. This was donated to North
Middlesex Girl Guide Division by Herminie Eckstein in 1934. In the Second World
War it taken over by the War Agricultural Committee. In 1949 a Nissen hut was
erected and later a caretaker’s bungalow was built on site. Later toilet and other facilities were added
and it continues to be used by the Association for camping and other activities.
Farm. The farmhouse is a 16th hall house with a timber frame, cement-rendered and
pargetted. Big 17th red brick
chimney stack. 17th timber framed granary used as a dog kennel. Two barns
late 17th with 19th attached stable. They are timber framed and weather
boarded. The farm is now a centre for polo
Cottage. 17th timber frame and plastered house
church. Wesleyan Methodist Chapel built around 1840. Now converted
Plough. Thatched pub dating back to the 17th with 19th and
British Listed Buildings. Web site
Cherry Green Trees. Web site.
Colney Heath Football Club. Web site
Plough Sleapshyde. Web site
Walford. Village London