to Mymshall Brook flows westwards
TL 24104 04628
Inter war suburban village set in countryside.
Brookmans Park Hotel, an example of roadhouse gothic. Refurbished
in 2011, there’s a great buzz about the place.
Park Primary School. The school dates from 1952
Park Golf Course
62/ 64 The White House and Moffats. Large 17th house
now divided into two. At one time it was a school. It is red brick on one side
– called Moffats and white painted brick on the other - The White House. It was
for Second World War evacuees and then the Roman
Catholic Servite School. It was also approved by the Ministry of Health as a
hostel for girls in 1941.
65 Moffats Farmhouse. This is a 15th
open hall house altered in the 16th.
The house is said to be associated with the nursery rhyme 'Little Miss
Granary at Moffats Farmhouse,
and All Angels chapel. This was converted after an appeal in 1949 to convert the Moffats squash
court to a chapel, it was consecrated in the following year. It was used by the local United
Reform Church until they had purpose built church constructed
Park Station. The station lies between Welham Green and Potters Bar and is
managed by First Capital Connect. It was opened by the London and North Eastern Railway in 1926. The station building
is still the LNER original.
British Listed Buildings. Web site
Brookmans Hotel. Web site
Brookmans Park Primary School. Web site
Welwyn and Hatfield Council. Web site