Nazeing Brook flows west and north west towards the
Post to the north Betts Lane
Post to the west Bumbles Green
Post to the east Nazeingwood Common
The name may refer to the Saxon word for a ridge, and
reflect the higher ground on which Nazeing stands.
Ravens. a timber-framed weather-boarded building of the
are four 19th paintings on door panels.
Sewage Works, marked on map but not apparent
Chase. 16th timber framed and plastered house. The occupants have rights on
House. 18th in red brick. The occupants have rights on Nazeingwood Common.
This was once known as Brewery Lane
Belchers Farm. Farmhouse
– 16th timber framed and plastered
Nazeing Golf Club. Clubhouse. Likely to close.
Farmhouse. 18th timber framed and weather boarded
Nazeing Common Road
Nazeing Park. The estate was built up in the late 18th
by William Palmer, and he accumulated parcels of land over time. In 1800 he
built a large house, called Nazeing House later Nazeing Park. His son George made further additions to the
estate and the estate remained in the family until shortly 1936. After the
Second World War the house and grounds passed to Essex County Council, and in
1952 it became Nazeing Park Special
School. Stable block 19th in yellow brick and a clock in the centre
of the gable and a dome for a bell turret it is now used as an art gallery. A well has now been dog and there are plans to
recommission a 19th water tower. A walled garden provides produce for Nazeing
Park, and there are chicken coops, greenhouses, etc. Attached to the stable
block is stable cottage. Coach House of yellow brick plus garages and a flag above. Nazeing
Brook flows through the grounds and has been dammed to form a lake. There
is a boathouse, and a lakeside gazebo and a clay pigeon tower
King Harold’s Head Pub. Robert King built the pub with a
brew house in 1797. He also founded King's Brewery, Nazeing. It is named for
King Harold who is buried in Waltham Abbey.
Nazeing Gate – the entrance to the Nazingwood Common
area as a forest park for Waltham Abbey. This was originally to the south west.
Poor House. This was slightly south of the Back Lane junction.