Todd Brook Tributary to the River Stort
Brook rises in this area and flows north
TL 47150 09852
Suburban area which was part of Harlow as a 'New Town'.
Post to the east Church Langley
Post to the west Latton
woodland with a pond. Piggeries now demolished.
Church Langley Way
Langley community centre
Langley primary school
Potters Arms. New ‘family’ pub
to be called Mill Lane
Kingsdon Hall. House built 1700 timber
framed and rendered. Site of the home of Thomas atte Crosse. In the mid-14th
it was the home of someone called Kingstone.
It may have been used as a school in the 19th.
for Barnsley Cottage. This is a 16th aisled barn, timber framed and,
weather boarded. The posts and main
components are medieval but the structure is 16th
Reservoir. Used as a fishing pond. This was built in the
late 1960s as a reservoir partly to provide water for Soper’s Farm and it was
known as Soper’s Tank. It is now a private fishery – Church Langley Fishery.
Potter Street was of course the old main London Road replaced
by the rebuilt London Road to the west in the 1960s.
Potter Street is probably named for potters who worked
here. A house called Pot House was leased to two potters in the 17th.
This may refer to cottages between Pyatt Field and Carter’s Mead.
S & J Juniper. Laboratory equipment works
Red Lion Lane
Hall. At the conquest the manor was given to Eustace Earl of Boulogne. The Farmhouse is 17th
Timber framed and roughcast rendered
held by Kitchen Hall was to the south on the common.
British History online. Harlow. Web site
British Listed Buildings. Web site
Church Langley Fishery. Web site
Pevsner and Cherry. Essex