Thames Tributary Redhill Brook
Suburban area merging into rural south of Redhill
Post to the west Redhill Common
Post to the north Redhill
Post to the east South Park
Brambletye County Junior School
Bridge over the stream with a plaque on it
Line of the ancient route before modern main roads were built – part of the east-west route between Nutfield and Reigate.
The Redhill Brook runs under it. When the roads were built the lane was straightened, the stream diverted and a packhorse bridge over the brook was replaced by a new bridge on a different alignment.
Redstone Lane junction is the site of the old horse pound
Kingsfield Business Centre
Road named because of artist Linnel’s residence in the area
Old Redstone Hill
Hall’s sand pits. Closed 1915
The Philanthropic Society moved here from Southwark in 1849 to a farm school set up based in a French scheme. Supposed to cure those setting out on a criminal life. In 1973 it came into the approved school scheme and was run by Wandsworth Borough on a profit making basis which did not work. Most of it closed in 1982. Some of the site is used by the Royal National Institute for the Blind.
Philanthropic Society chapel opened by Prince Albert in 1849. Only the front porch survives
Redstone Cemetery, opened 1932
Queens House. RNIB Community Living Service in some of the Philanthropic Society’s buildings
RNIB Redhill College. Opened 1957, closed 2007
Line of the ancient route before modern main roads were built. The ancient east-west route passed through the hollow coming from Nutfield and going to Reigate.
Hall. History of Hall & Co.