Riverside, south bank west of the Tower. Ham Island
This post covers sites south of the river only. North of the river is Nickcroft Ait
Post to the south Old Windsor Saxon Town and Remenham Park
Post to the west Windsor Albert Bridge and Southlea
Ham Island is only an island by virtue of being separated from Old Windsor by the construction of the New Cut in 1822 cutting the distance in navigation to around one third. It was once a peninsula partly surrounded by a meander of the Thames.
Housing – there is some housing on the island mainly along the bank of the Cut.
Blueacre Horse Rescue centre. This centre opened in 2002 and is named after their first horse.
Sewage Works. This was opened by the Borough of Windsor in 1878 having previously been used as soakage beds by the Castle works across the Cut. The two works eventually combined. It drains parts of villages to the south-west, Datchet and Eton which on the whole have separate surface and foul drainage. The plant uses its isolation and flood meadow land to allow for water-quality oriented sludge sedimentation beds. It is now part of Thames Water
Ham Lane is a private road to access the sewage work
Blue Acre. Web site
Royal Windsor Forum
Wikipedia. Ham Island. Web site
Windsor and Maidenhead Council. Web site