Frays River flows south eastwards
TQ 05924 82187
Canalside area with some industry and some sports sites
Post to the north Cowley
Post to the west Little Britain
Post to the south Cowley Peachey
Post to the east Pield East
Grand Union Canal
Benbow Way Bridge. This now seems to be called Maygoods Waye
Packet Boat Bridge
Cowley Hall Recreation Ground
Cowley Recreation Ground was purchased in 1929 following a fire. Part of the park was made over for sports use and a Football Clubhouse is by the south entrance to the park. There is a horse and barge carved from fallen tree
Lake which was dug post Second World War, now used for fishing tench.
Maygoods Farm, 17th Maygoods Farmhouse. 17th house with altered front
Paddington Packet Inn. The packet was a pleasure boat in which ran in 1850, Fuller Smith and Turner tied house in 1970s. This is a 200 year old pub which retains some old fittings. Mirrors and other memorabilia relate to the old packet boat service to Paddington
Nine Elms Farm
Sewage works built in the 1890s for the Uxbridge and Yiewsley Joint Sewage Board. Local authority housing later built on the site.
Endeavour Sea Scouts hall
New Peachey Lane
Houses. Those more recent to those on either side of them indicate the alignment of the Great Western branch railway line.
Nine Elms Avenue.
This reflects the name of the nearby Nine Elms Farm
Packet Boat Lane
Waters Edge Pub. This used to be called the Turning Point
Packet Boat Dock. A humped brick arch over canal towpath south of the road was the entrance to the dock which was built for the passenger and parcel- carrying boats from Paddington in the early 19th. Entrance
Packet Boat House. This was a 1970s brutalist office block built as the head office for Reed Corrugated packaging. Following a long period of vacancy it is being replaced by housing.
Clock House. Trading Estate – the trading estate on which Packet Boat House stands was the site of Clock House which appears to be a house in considerable gardens and grounds.
Packet Boat Marina. Owned by British Waterways Marinas set up in 2004
Little Britain Bridge, over Frays River
Trading Estates either side of the canal, on sites of 19th joinery works. A cement works stood at the north of the lane in the 19th.
Peachey Lane Bridge. This is where the Great Western Railway branch passed beneath, and a partially filled-in portion of cutting is on the south side
Cowley St.Laurence Church of England Primary School. This school originated with a 19th church school and moved here from a site in Cowley Road.
CAMRA. What Pub. Web site
Canalplan. Web site
London Railway Record
Middlesex County Council. History of Middlesex
Pevsner and Cherry. North West London