The Crane flows
Post to the west Butts Farm
Post to the east Fulwell
Hanworth Methodist Church
Hospital Bridge Road
Hospital Bridge over the Crane. This was
once called Whitton Bridge. It may have taken its name from the hospital
attached to James II's military camp the heath.
St Augustine of Canterbury Church. Opened in
Wind Mill – this stood at the junction of
what is now Percy Road possibly as early as the 14th. A mill was there in the
17th but had gone by 1743.
Heathfield Library. This was opened in the
early 1960s and closed 2011
According to the Kingston Zodiac this outlines
Taurus’ rump – and points out that armies marched down it putting it on the warlike
Twickenham Golf Course
Site of Glebe Farm – which William Whitley
bought in order to grow produce to sell in his Westbourne Park store
Glebe Cottages. Houses for labourers at
David Lloyd Hampton, commercial sports complex.
History Online. Twickenham.
and Cherry. South London