Thames Tributary- Tributary stream to the River Roding
The stream flows south west towards the Roding
TL 59 08
Post to the west Millers Green- 58 08
Post to the north Dukes Lane 59 08
Post to the east Shellow Bowells 60 08
Post to the south Willingale 59 07
Dukes Farmhouse. The house early 15th with later additions. It is middle Timber framed and in an H plan house with jettied wings. The east wing is the earliest build probably 1400 .with traces of 17th painting. There is a 17th stair tower at the back with some bits of contemporary handrail. Remains of probable moat.
Dukes Cottage. This is a late medieval open hall house, timber framed with black weatherboarding.
Warden’s Hall entrance. There is an old corrugated iron airfield structure near the entrance
Sewage works. Built during the Second World War to service Willingale Airfield.
Maltsters Arms. 19th pub recently used as a restaurant and now housing
House with sundials, sun fire insurance mark and clock
Old Rectory and Glebe House. House of 1800 Probably by John Johnson in gault and red brick. Former moated site.
Cleminsons Charity Almshouses. An old house from the 17th timber framed in the southern part with wings at each end.
School. Now housing.
Bell Inn. 16th timber framed building. Now housing.
Churchyard shared by churches of two parishes: Willingale Doe and Willingale Spain. A gateway marks the parish boundary
St.Andrew. Parish church of Willingale Spain in the same churchyard as St.Christopher’s. St.Andrew is the older with a 12th nave and many later additions. It is in flint rubble, freestone and pudding stone with clunch and some Roman brick. There is a weather boarded bell chamber with a weather boarded spire and a 19th white weather boarded porch on south. Only now used on special occasions
St.Christopher parish church of Willingale Doe, restored in 1853 but used as the main parish church for the village. It is originally 14th but may have Saxon origins.
A track, constantly flooded, alongside the stream.