Thames Tributary Cripsey Brook
The Brook continues to flow eastwards to the River Roding and is joined by a tributary from the south
TL 51 07
Post to the north - Ashlyns - TL 51 08
Post to the west - Kent's Lane - 50 07
Post to the east -Moreton 52 07
Post to the south - Reynkyns Wood - 51 06
Bowlers Green. Small hamlet and site of substantial medieval buildings
Ashlyns Farm Moat which is the site of the former Manor of Ashlyns. The manor is first recorded in the 14th. From 1672 it belonged to the Royal College of Physicians to pay for staff at St. Bartholomew's Hospital, St. Thomas's Hospital, and Christ’s College. In 1922 the college sold it. The current far house may be 17th. Since 1970 it has been in the same family and was the earliest organic farm in Essex.
Leyden’s Cottage. 17th house, timber framed and plastered with a weather boarded dado and thatched roof.
Weald Bridge Road
Weald Bridge. This crosses the Cripsey Brook on the road from Epping. Between 1556 and 1652 responsibility for it was unclear. It was a county bridge from about 1800.
Weald Bridge Farm. Site of substantial medieval buildings