Thames Tributary River Roding. Tributary from the west
A tributary to the Roding flows westwards
TL 56 07
Post to the north -Lampetts - 56 08
Post to the west - Pennyfeathers - Fyfield 55 07
Post to the east - Fyfield - 57 07
Post to the south Herons Farm - 56 06
A hamlet between Fyfield and the West Ham School –partly on Ongar Road.
Fyfield Village Hall
Clatterford House. 19th house Rendered brick and timber frame
Clatterford Hall was a brick 18th house now replaced with modern house. Veteran horse chestnut tree alongside
Ivy Cottages Pair of cottages. Late 16 Timber framed and weather boarded,
with thatched roofs.
Elmbridge Hall. Housing in what was West Ham County Borough Council Residential Open Air School built as a truant and industrial school with a military type regime. It was used for ‘delicate’ children from 1925. It was closed and sold to Essex County Council in 1956. It became Fyfield Boarding School in 1958. Converted to posh housing in 2001.