Thames Tributary Roding
The Roding continues to flow south and is joined by a tributary from the west and one from the south.
TL 58676 08831
Country side area dominated by commercial fishing lakes
Post to the west - Beauchamp Roding
Post to the south - Millers' Green
Post to the north - Beauchamp Roding
Bird's Green, a hamlet partly in the parish of Willingale Doe
Tile House Farm. Birds Green Carp Fishery – Top Lake, Bottom Lake, Bridge Lake and a Tackle Shop.
Thatched Cottage. 17th timber framed cottage with thatched roof and modern thatched extension. This is an old open hall house which can be demonstrated by sooted timbers and an inserted 17 chimney.
'Two Swans’. An old pub, now a house but it was a farm-house until the middle 19th. It is a 17th timber-framed house refronted in brown brick.
Shallow Bridge, over the Roding. This was a county maintained bridge from 1654 but later responsibility was assigned to the local parish of Willingale Doe
Birds Green Fishing Lakes. Wen site
British Listed Buildings. Web site
Pevsner and Cherry. Essex