Riverside west of the Tower, north bank, Boveney Lock
This posting relates to sites north of the river only. South of the river is Windsor Racecourse
Post to the east Clewer and Eton Cuckoo Weir
Post to the west Dedworth The Willows and Boveney
Fishery – there is thought to have been a fishery here in 1201 called Gill’s Bucks.
Boveney Lock was first built in timber in 1838 by the Thames Navigation Commission and a was rebuilt in 1898 closer to the north bank, and a set of boat rollers were installed on the old site following use of a boat slide there. There was an engine house for the slide
Weir. This is almost parallel to the lock, running across from the other side of the lock island. It was rebuilt in 1913.
Outfall for the Boveney Ditch. The Ditch is made up of the merging of Roundmoor Ditch and the dried up Cress Brook. Despite the name of ‘Ditch’ these water courses are bigger than some which are called ‘rivers’.
Boveney Bridge – described as a ‘bridleway bridge’ this takes the Thames path over the outfall of the Boveney Ditch
French Brothers. Web site
South Bucks Council. Web site
UK Beaches Guide
Where Thames Smooth Waters Glide. Web site
Wikipedia as appropriate