Brook flows southwards
Post to the north Dollis Brook Valley
Post to the west Totteridge Green
Post to the south Woodside Park
for Laurel Farm
Union URC church
Primary School. The school built in 1967, with classrooms designed around a
central courtyard to give maximum light and space on all sides.
large informal triangle of land. Registered
under the Commons Preservation Act of 1965. It consists of grassland, with
areas of woodland including oak, horse chestnut, ash, beech, crack-willow and weeping
willow. In the centre is an oak which is said to have been planted in the 18th
by Sir Peter Meyer, a Dutch merchant who lived at Poynters Grove, Totteridge. It
is thought he caused four ponds to be dug and 186 trees planted.
Cricket Club. This dates from 2008 as result of a merger between Totteridge
Cricket Club founded 1881 and Old Millhillians Cricket Club founded 1878. The
present field has been occupied since 1924, and Barnet Urban District Council bought
the land just before the War, granting the Club a lease. The pavilion was opened in 1959.
Farm. 17th timber framed farm house with an original entrance door.
Farm Barn. Converted 18th timber framed barn .Now studios
Farm Pond. The only surviving pond on
the green, of what may at one time have been fourteen.
Farm. 17th Timber framed farmhouse with an early brick chimney
Cottages. Pair of 19th brick cottages. Painted white with brick
arches over the windows.
Croft. House by T. E. Collcutt built in 1895. His style was a simplified and
more relaxed version of Norman Shaw's early work. It consists of three brick ranges
around a court plus a little half-timbering. There is a verandah on the garden front
inside is some pretty plasterwork and De Morgan tiles. Behind are the remains
of a formal garden with a sculpture of a triton by Henry Pegram.
Similar idiom to The Croft this is a small roughcast house built in 1899 by
Court. Flats in a house which was originally called Strathearn and subsequently
it became Consolata College. It was designed
by Colcutt, in 1898-9.
House – on the site of the 19th blacksmiths
up in the 17th.
by Norman Shaw, 1883-4,
Library. Closed and the site sold, since demolished
Grove. This was at the junction with Totteridge Green and Totteridge Lane, on
the north side. Some of the garden wall survives in Totteridge Village. This
mansion house was home to a number of distinguished people, finally members of
the Harmsworth family
House. Plain 18th house with
a tall porch with two thin columns.
end of the road is near the cricket ground
Catholic High School. The school has been
here since 1928. It was founded in 1926 by
Canon Clement Henry Parsons who was parish priest of St. Alban’s Roman Catholic
Church, Nether Street. He founded the Challoner School and St. Alban's Catholic
Preparatory School. In 1971 Finchley Catholic Grammar School and the Challoner
School, merged. Canon Parsons began a collection in 1928 to fund he school and
produced enough money to purchase. Woodside Grange. Care of the house and
grounds were being split between the Governors, the Local Authority and the
Archdiocese of Westminster.
House. The school buildings are grouped around the White House which is a stucco-Gothic
villa also called Woodside Grange, built between c. 1885 and 1894.It is battlemented,
with a stair-tower rising , Inside is an Entrance hall with marble paving,
staircase behind with good iron balustrade. In 1972 the house was briefly
delisted but following a parliamentary question listing was restored.
Mid 19th gatehouse in Gothic Style.
British Listed Buildings web
Finchley Roman Catholic High
School Wikipedia web site
London Borough of Barnet. Web site
London Gardens web site
Pevsner and Cherry. London North
Walford. Village London
Woodridge Primary School website