River Lee - Tottenham
Lea Navigation, Pymmes Brook and River Lea Diversion all flow south
The River Moselle passes through the area between Scotland Green and Pymmes Brook
Post to the east Lockwood Reservoir
Post to the west Tottenham
Post to the south Tottenhanm Hale
Broad mead is a section of Tottenham Marsh
Carbuncle Passage Way
The passage follows the line of a ditch, or waterway, tributary to the Moselle River
This is an area of 19th housing between Carbuncle and Park Lane. It was built by the Northern and Eastern Suburban Industrial Development Company on damp farm land.
Down Lane Recreation Ground
Made up of Down Field, acquired in 1902, and enclosed Lammas Lands.
Coleraine Park Board School. Built by the local authority in 1881 the first board school purpose built in Tottenham. It became a junior school only in 1928 and always overcrowded.
Opened in the 1970s on a slum clearance area
Mount Zion Church of God Fellowship Centre in the building which was previously Edmonton and Tottenham Synagogue
90 Probation services offices
Site of Asplin Farm which dated from the 17th. The last old farm which, was demolished to become factories. It had been listed but was allowed to fall down.
Northumberland Park depot for Victoria Line underground trains, opened 1968 and now Metronet. Railway lines stretch to the south and can be seen from Watermead Way. It is the only part of the Victoria Line not in a tunnel and it is connected to the rest of the Line by a tunnel to a junction north of Seven Sisters. It was opened in 1968, and was upgraded in 2009 for new trains.
Ministry of Praise
Park View Road
Tottenham Council Depot. At one time site of the rubbish destructor with a ramp up to it and a rail link to the main line. In the Second World War household scraps were cooked here for local pigs.
Mulberry Primary School. Large School Board type school. Two of the buildings have bell cotes and the central building very grand. Decorative Art Nouveau lettering on the gables.
Pearson and Bunlees Printers, in Coleraine Works. Coleraine Hall was a mission hall for St.Johns.
Tsega House. Small clothing factory.
Trading Estate at the junction with Shelbourne Road
Two Brewers Pub
Coleraine Club – Club room attached to St. Paul’s Church
Millward Seventh Day Adventist Church. This is just in an ordinary house.
Pevsner and Cherry. London North
History of Middlesex
Protz. Tottenham a History
Coleraine Park School web site
Mulberry Primary School web site
London Railway Record articles