Thames Tributary River Rom
The Rom flows southwards
TQ 49631 90896
Suburban area north of Romford
Post to the north Collier Row
Post to the south Mawney Road
Collier Row Road.
This was once a hamlet named from charcoal burners, which grew into a suburb between the wars. Charcoal burners were here in the 15th and 16th in the area of Gobions. This was one of the entry points to Hainault Forest – there were gates here, and the boundary marked with hedges and rows of stones.
Gobions Farm. This has a barn and farmhouse and runs a farm shop
Maypole Cottage. Late 17th or 18th timber framed house.
White Hart Pub. For a while this was called ‘Double Top’ but was demolished in 2006
Corpus Christi Roman Catholic church designed by W.C. Mangan, 1964-5. It is very plain in Buff brick
St. Patrick's Roman Catholic junior and infants’ school. 1953
White Hart Lane
Crownfield Junior and Infant School.
Corpus Christi church. Web site
Crownfield School. Web site
Pevsner and Cherry. Essex
Pub History. Web site
St. Patrick's School. Web site
Victoria County History. Essex