Thames Tributary Ingrebourne - Rainham Marsh
The river, as Rainham Creek continues to flow south west
Post to the north Rainham Marsh
Post to the south Rainham riverside
Post to the west Hornchurch Marshes
Harbour House – office block with many businesses. Possibly built as a hotel.
Tilda Rice depot
Until recently this was Manor Way.
Winds along the creek side going to a major waste disposal plant.
Rainham Marshes. Marshland of importance to birdlife because wetland habitat. The Sea walls were unreliable until the late 17th. However in 1953, it was breached with major flooding affecting. The area is criss- crossed by dykes and, the tussocky appearance is down to the cattle. Flocks of birds as large as 4,000 teal have been recorded but there are many others - . Pintails gadwalls shovelers, lapwings, redshanks, stonechats, winchats and yellow hammers. Insects and reptiles also abound and there are many marshland plants.
Gateway Business Park 2003
Rifle ranges. This area had been pasture until 1906 when the War Office bought 400 acres which were used as rifle ranges. .Six targets and a 600 yard firing point though only on one target. By 1977 they were little use to the MoD and some was sold to the local authority for commercial development.
Silt Lagoons. Built in the 1960s by the PLA to dump dredgings from the Thames.
Thermit. Ltd. established in London in 1904 by the Goldschmidt Company and in 1958 Thermit Welding (GB) Ltd was formed by Murex Ltd and Elektro-Thermit GmbH, based. In 2000, the company reverted to full ownership by the Goldschmidt Thermit Group for the Thermit Welding processes. The company is a strategic supplier to the Railways
Salamon & Co. here 1880-1971; to refine tar, but by the 1970s crude tar was no longer available
Thames Gateway Road