TQ 37 97
The London/ Enfield/Essex boundary goes south on an eccentric course (presumably the course of the original river) down the reservoir
The London/Waltham Forest./Essex boundary leaves the Aqueduct and goes east, crosses Sewardstone Road and goes down a path eastwards to the edge of woodland at Yardley Hill.
The Lea Navigation and the Flood Relief Channel flow south
Post to the north George V reservoir
Post to the south George V reservoir
Post to the west Brimsdown
Sites on the London/Enfield side of the boundary
Enfield Cut which follows the line of the earlier Enfield Millstream Thomas Yeoman 1770
Went between the River Lee and the navigation before the reservoir was built.
King George V reservoir,
Embankment in the centre to prevent excessive wave action in high winds.
Sites on the Essex side of the boundary
Sewardstone Mill. Now under the reservoir. . Powder and Dye works. It was also a silk Mill, belonging to Carr and Dobson, Foster Lane, Cheapside, London, and also a flour mill, the property of Mrs. Teush. In, 1777 it was, a ' Blue Mill, a fulling mill.' Later on it was used for the manufacture of silk, and subsequently for dyeing and scouring, by a Mr. Connell with large dyeing sheds. A garden adjoining the mill house was supposed to be Dutch origin, with dykes and foot-bridges. It was owned by the New River Company.
Fox and Hounds.now a school and nursery
Sewardstone Lodge. Derelict at one time.
Lee Valley Campsite