M25 Potters Bar
Post to the east Potters Bar
Rydal Mount – a ‘big house’.
Pope Paul Catholic Primary School
67 St John’s Methodist Church opened 1941. From 1880 a barn at Darkes Farm had been used for services until a church was built in the Hatfield Road in 1883. St John's was erected in 1941 and the former Hatfield Road premises sold. Potters Bar has formed part of the Barnet Circuit since 1882. Potters Bar has formed part of the Barnet Circuit since 1882
Dugdale Hill Lane
Dugdale Hill Farm. This stood on the north corner with Santers Lane.
Dame Alice Owen School. Dame Alice Owen’s School was founded in 1613 and has a long standing association with the Worshipful Company of Brewers. In the 16th Alice Wilkes was milking a cow in Islington when an arrow from nearby butts pierced the crown of her hat, without injuring her. She vowed that when rich enough she would do something for posterity to mark her gratitude. Alice married three times and became very rich, and so established a school for 30 boys from Islington in 1613 with the Worshipful Company of Brewers which, as trustees. A girls’ school was built in 1886 which merged with the boys’ school in 1973 and in 1976 they moved to Potters Bar, as a mixed comprehensive
Dame Alice Oweb school, Web site
National Archoves. Web site
Pope Paul School. Web site
St.John's Methodist Church. Web site